taking footprints

leave only footprints, take only memories. nah, i am taking my footprints with me.

3.12.2002

chrissy's site led me to an article in tomato nation on 'mean girls'. i had read the editorial in my newspaper this sunday, and related all to well to it. read the article in tomato nation with tears streaking down my face, remembering how hard those days were at 11 years old - how hard i tried just to get them to like me. damn, maybe i am just in an emotional mood, but those are some painful memeories. some days they did, some days they didn't. i never knew what the next day would bring.

i remember in 5th grade, we used 'made up' names. we each choose a new name, and we called each other by these names, even wrote them on our school papers. (why the teacher let us do this is beyond me). we had name tags on our desks with our new names. i was absent one day (i had migraines often - now, as an adult, i realize that most of them were caused by stress) and returned to find mine torn up and my desk moved away. i begged them to let me back 'in', apologized. they looked at me like they never talked to me before and laughed. and i went home with a stomachache and headache once more. it baffled me then, and continues to today, why girls are like that. in high school i learned that they just weren't worth the effort. i became friends with people who liked me for who i was, and watched many of the 'cool' girls fail classes and leave school. i went to a small school, and never realized how not-alone i was. i know this is somewhat of a whine-y post (i guess you got what was behind door number one...and you can't try again. :) maybe tomorrow), but if you get a chance, read the article. oh, and 'the cat's eye' by margaret atwood (one of my favorite authors)...

today, i have decided is an ice cream day. no laughing! yes, i know i have a lot of ice cream days. but today i think is an ICE CREAM day, meaning skip dinner and hit the festivus. bought half-baked frozen yogurt last week. the cookie dough and brownie hunks were good, but the yogurt was just ok, and it really needed something swirly. caramel would've been nice.

can someone get them to carry one sweet whirled here? i'm waiting....(ahem. obscure princess bride reference. whenever i say 'i'm waiting' that pops into my head)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home